When learning how to polish silver, whether it is precious antique silver jewelry or a sterling silver plate set, the process can be easy, safe, and hassle-free. Your silver can accumulate tarnish over time, polishing your silver will help protect it from tarnish, and restore it to its original shine.
Let’s walk through the process of polishing silver together with Flitz's Polish Paste.
What do I need to polish my silver?
- Water-based polish (we do not recommend silicon based products as they leave behind a greasy, oily film)
- Microfiber cloth (recommended to prevent scratching)
How do I polish my silver?
- Apply a thin coat of the water-based polish directly onto your silver, covering the entirety of your silver plate, jewelry, utensils, etc.
- You can then let it sit for 5 minutes to penetrate tough tarnish or use your microfiber cloth to polish your silver right away.
- Utilize the microfiber cloth to rub away the built up tarnish.
- If there are hard to reach corners or divots that the microfiber cloth is unable to reach, it is recommended that you use a soft toothbrush. Handle with care.
Polishing Silver: Before and After
That's it for our guide on how to polish silver with Flitz Polish Paste!
As far as which type of polish to purchase, using a polish that will preserve, restore, AND clean your silver will help preserve and protect your beautiful silver, rather than attract filth, grease, and fingerprints. The entire Flitz product line is water-based, non-toxic, and restores and protects as well as it shines.
Check out the rest of our Household products to see what else is possible around your home!