Our cars are constantly being exposed to natural elements that love to wear away a beautiful paint job. Whether you live with heavy rainfall, bright sunlight, or all of the above, it is always a good idea to help preserve your car's paint job and metal parts. At Flitz Polish, we've developed applications that are designed to clean and protect your car from the elements and create a shine that will last. In order to better understand the best applications and products that can be used on your car, we've put together a helpful guide that breaks down our top choices.Cleaning and Polishing Your Car Exterior
Overall Top Choice: Paste Polish
This signature paste polish is our top choice for cleaning and polishing your cars paint. Flitz Paste Polish is non-abrasive, non-toxic, non-flammable, so it is perfectly safe to use on all paint coatings. It also comes in a liquid form for those who prefer a more flexible solution. To use, simply apply a light coating (do not let dry) and buff with a dry towel, microfiber cloth, or buff ball. Always apply polish before your wax and sealant finishes. The benefits of this Paste Polish include:
- It provides a beautiful polish without abrasive chemicals (which is perfect for car detailing).
- It works excellent on paints, plastics, convertible windows, headlights, windshields, rims, metals, and much more.
- The German-engineered formula; non-abrasive, non-toxic, and USDA authorized - be at ease when using it to polish items that may come in contact with your mouth or face.
- It is great at removing tarnish, rust, water stains, chalking, lime deposits, heat discoloration, oxidation, bugs, tar, oil, fingerprints, tree sap, bird droppings, graffiti, dyes, and more.
- Money-back guaranteed.
Top Choice for Matte Finishes: Flat/Matte Finish Cleaner
If you are looking for a stunning clean that doesn’t a shine, our top recommendation is the Flitz Matte Finish Cleaner. For flat paint jobs, this cleaner will help keep your finishes looking factory fresh without changing their matte appearance. The benefits of this Matte Paint Cleaner include:
- It easily removes hard water spotting, dust, and dirt.
- It is specially formulated to bring your car's finish back to new without leaving any greasy, oily, or waxy film behind.
- It works excellent on flat finishes, matte finishes, carbon fiber, and wrap finishes without changing the look of the paint.
Top Choice for Aluminum and Glass Parts: Metal Pre-Clean
This organic salt formula is non-flammable, safer than traditional acids, and works perfectly on aluminum car parts and glass. We highly recommend Metal Pre-Clean for fuel tanks, mag wheels, alcoa wheels, framing, engine parts, step plates, and windows. The benefits of this cleaner include:
- Non-acid based organic salt formula, non-flammable, and safer than traditional acid cleaners.
- Specially formulated to not dull or haze aluminum.
- Instantly removes heavily-encrusted corrosion, rust, calcium, lime, tarnish, grease, oil & water stains.
Protecting and Preserving Paint and Car Parts
Top Choice for Wax - Flitz Speed Wäxx
For protecting and preserving you car, we recommend one of two solutions. The first is our Speed Wax. This premium-grade detailing spray will help you fill in swirls and hairline scratches, resulting in an ultra-glossy finish. It is made with Made with Brazilian Carnauba Wax, and leaves no no white powdery residue or smear. Some of the benefits of this wax include:
- Its exceptional performance on fiberglass, all auto paints, marine finishes, powdercoat, Emron®, polyurethane, lacquer, plastics, motor cycles, and more.
- It contains natural wax and is an environment-friendly formula.
- The wax provides a beautiful, lush shine that is unmatched by nearly all other engineered finishes.
Top Choice for Car Sealant - Flitz Sealant
This spray on sealant create a ‘ceramic shell’ for your car to protect it against the elements of the road. Unlike wax, Flitz Sealant is scientifically designed and engineered and chemically to provide the best possible protection for your cars' paint. For more on the differences between wax and sealant, visit our blog post outlining the two protectants. The benefits of sealant include:
- It is designed to provide a higher level of durability than wax products.
- It is comes in a quick, easy-to-use spray container.
- No drying time is required, and Flitz guarantees up to 1 year of protection with a single application.
Applying Solutions on Paint and Car Parts
Top Choice for Large Projects - Büff Ball
This revolutionary buffing ball attaches to the end of your drill and provides a quick and safe polish that is more efficient than a towel. Cut down your buffing and cleaning time with the original Büff Ball that started it all. The benefits of this buffing ball include the following:
- It is built with the finest German viscose material and will not break apart like many foam buffers.
- Its design is self-cooling so it will not heat up or catch fire.
- It is machine washable and reusable when used with Flitz products (it even comes included with Flitz Paste Polish).
This Premium Microfiber Towel is perfect for any job and on any surface, with or without chemicals. Get a lasting shine when you use our Microfiber Polish Cloth as the finishing touch. Some of the benefits of this towel include:
- It is washable and reusable up to 500 times.
- At $4.17, it is very affordable for a premium towel.
- It comes in a 16x16 inch size that absorbs 4 times its weight in liquid.
We hope this guide helped you decide what products will work best for your specific car project! If you have any questions or input about this guide, please do not hesitate to contact us or comment your thoughts below.